Westchester Veterinary Associates > Pet Travel Certifications

Pet Travel Certifications

Pet Travel Certifications

If you’re going to be traveling internationally or across state lines and plan to take your pet with you, it’s important to be aware of exactly what will be required for your animal companion to make the trip. It’s also a good idea to make sure your pet is physically healthy enough for travel.

Dr. Andrew Weisenfeld, DVM is certified to provide International USDA Travel Certifications and can assist you in getting your pet ready for your trip, including assessing whether they’re healthy enough for travel—especially the rigors of an airline flight.

International travel for pets requires international health certificates, and some countries require proof of additional vaccinations and testing. We will be happy to assist you with acquiring the appropriate certificates and other steps after you’ve figured out exactly what you need for your trip. You can do this by visiting the Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) page from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). While the certificate must be prepared by a USDA-accredited veterinarian, the requirements for entry are established by each individual country.

Need to make an appointment for your pet to prepare to travel? Call us at our location in Peekskill-Cortlandt or Yorktown, or request an appointment online.